Permatex® OPTIMUM RED Gasket MakerBrand: PERMATEX
Features and Benefits:
Permatex’s New Optimum Red RTV gasket maker provides maximum temperature performance up to 750°F intermittent. The advanced formulation allows for a sensor-safe, low odor and non-corrosive performance and is resistant to oil and common shop fluids. Permatex® Optimum Red also resists aging, weathering and thermal cycling without hardening, shrinking or cracking.
- Maximum temperature performance, adhesion, and flexibility
- Sensor-safe, low odor and non-corrosive
- Non-flammable and non-toxic
- OEM Specified and meeting performance specs of OE silicone gaskets
- Maximum Temperature performance up to 750°F (399°C) intermittent
- For best results, surfaces should be clean and dry.
- Cut nozzle and apply a continuous 1/16″ to 1/4″ (2 to 6mm) bead of silicone to one surface, surrounding all bolt holes. Assemble parts immediately while silicone is still wet. Finger tighten until material begins to squeeze out around flange.
- Let dry for one hour then tighten to torque specifications.
- Allow 24 hours to fully cure before filling with fluids or returning to service.
- Replace cap after use.
NOTE: Not recommended for use on head gaskets or parts in contact with gasoline.
OPTIMUM RED Suggested Applications:
Header, Exhaust Manifold, Turbocharge, Slip-fit Exhaust