Permatex® OPTIMUM GREY Gasket MakerBrand: PERMATEX
Features and Benefits:
OPTIMUM GREY combines maximum rigidity and maximum torque load and vibration resistance with extreme temperature resistance: -65°F to 700°F (-54°C to 371°C) intermittent, expanding uses and applications. Designed for max performance applications common in import & late model engines and component upgrades. It is sensor safe, low odor, and non-corrosive. The maximum rigidity and maximum torque load feature combination joined with outstanding resistance to oils, coolant, and shop fluids make OPTIMUM GREY one of the most versatile gasket makers available.
- Maximum Rigidity
- Maximum Torque Load & Vibration Resistance
- Sensor-Safe, Low Odor, Non-Corrosive
- High Temperature performance up to 700°F
- For best results, surfaces should be clean and dry.
- Cut nozzle and apply a continuous 1/16″ to 1/4″ (2 to 6mm) bead of silicone to one surface, surrounding all bolt holes. Assemble parts immediately while silicone is still wet. Finger tighten until material begins to squeeze out around flange.
- Let dry for one hour then tighten to torque specifications.
- Allow 24 hours to fully cure before filling with fluids or returning to service.
- Replace cap after use.
NOTE: Not recommended for use on head gaskets or parts in contact with gasoline.
OPTIMUM GREY Suggested Applications:
Valve Cover, Water Pump, Intake Manifold End Seals, Thermostat Housings